Friday, May 23, 2008

Life in a Glass House

For a day that began like this, there had to be reasons. Something, anything, that would've made me understand all that I devoured with my eyes through the rest of the day.

A sea as unruffled and unwavering as the staunchest of memories.

And at the same time, malleable, deceptive, capable of being shredded by the most irreverent, the most irrelevant.

The fragile.

If only I could've told where the sky ended and the earth began...

... I would've torn myself away, and remembered.

In the end, there couldn't have been a more fitting day than yesterday for the devastating, crippling beauty all around.

To them, without whom, none of this world would've existed for me.

Yesterday was for you.

4 comments:

kray said...

WHOA!!!! awesome pics!!!! must've been an awesome day :)

Anu said...

:D Thankie. It was easy, just close my eyes, point in a random direction, click, open eyes again, savour the sights around for a few million minutes, grin idiotically, repeat. Over and over and over again.
But gawsh, what an insanely beautiful day! I have never, ever, ever seen anything like that. Some days on the Eagle came close, but never quite this perfect.

Anonymous said...

3582 is awesome!!! must've been a really beautiful day...the water so calm and blue!!!

Anu said...

It was. Ridiculously calm, ridiculously beautiful :)